Pages

Sunday 25 October 2009

This Is My Job/這是我的工作


August 24,2009, Lao Cai, Vietnam

We were "harrassed" by locals trying to sell us all kinds of stuff. A gentleman shared his experience in India.

An Indian man was very persistant. He eventually lost his patience. He looked straight into the Indian's eyes and said "No! I am not buying from you! You go away!"

The Indian did not back off. He answered "This is my job. I have a family to feed. This is what I do 16 hours a day, seven days a week. No! I am not going away!"

That gentleman realized that Indian was an honest man trying to make his living. He still did not buy anything from him, but they continued to have a good chat in a respectful manner for more than 10 minutes.

2009年10月24日:越南老街

我們一群人被當地的小販搔擾時,有位仁兄提起他在印度的經歷:

有個小販不停地煩他。他終於忍不住了,瞪著小販,說:“我不買你的東西。你給我滾!”

小販不滾。回嗆:“這是我的工作。我得養家活口。我每天都幹這個16小時,每周七天。不!我不滾!”

這時,那位仁兄理解到那位印度人工作的神聖與他家那本難念的經。他還是沒買他的東西,可是兩人好好地聊了十多分鐘。




free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts (All Time)/滿堂紅

Popular Posts (7 Days)/七日紅