Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Nicolas on Rocks/來自法國的尼可拉斯

Nicolas on Rocks/來自法國的尼可拉斯

Near Sa Pa, Lao Cai, Vietnam, October 24, 2009
2009年十月24日,越南老街沙巴附近

Unlike Polish, I have run into way too many French assholes. So many that I had to go to Paris to find nice folks. That mission was a great success though.

In this trip to Vietnam, I have once again have the luck of witnessing rude French folks. However, Nicolas is not one of them. He is definitely the silver lining of the French cloud. His home town is near Marseille. Marselle is the home of The Taxi. He is gentle, polite, and smile all the time. When I first met him, he was reading Dune in a HMong village. He said Dune talked about religions, philosphy, and politics. That comment reminds me of Babylon 5. When he drank tea, he was holding the tiny tea cup in his left hand, so the oriental pattern was facing him, and the blank side me. It seemed to me that he was drinking espresso instead tea.



法國人不比波蘭人,我到巴黎是去找好人的。這趟到越南,不湊巧又碰上不少法國混蛋。但是尼可拉斯不是其中之一。他是位常帶微笑的謙謙君子。他老家在馬賽附近。馬賽正是終極殺陣裡那輛計程車的故鄉。我是在一個黑蒙族的村子裡遇見他的。他那時正在讀沙丘魔堡。他說那是本好小說,議題涵蓋宗教、哲學、政治。這讓我想到巴比倫五號。他喝茶時,因為左手拿茶杯把,所以茶杯的花樣面向著他,空白面向著我。那架勢看來實在像是在喝意大利濃縮咖啡,不像是在喝茶。

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts (All Time)/滿堂紅

Popular Posts (7 Days)/七日紅