Pages

Saturday 5 January 2013

Sony Ericsson Xperia Active Firmware Downgrade

Sony Ericsson Xperia Active Firmware Downgrade

Pictures taken by my Sony Ericsson Xperia Active have been suffering from over exposure. I vaguely have this impression that this problem occurred after upgrade to ICS. After a little digging on the net, I also found many folks boasts 2.3 Ginger Bread to be "the most stable system." So I decided to give downgrading a shot. Later, it turned out that my problem was caused by dirty len :p

Warning: One of the documents I came across states that flashing your phone voids your warranty. However, if your phone is still under warranty, you may ask Sony to perform the downgrade for you.

This is the document I followed: Downgrading the Xperia 2011 phones to Ginger Bread in 5 simple steps.

This is what I have done:
  1. Downloads:
  2. Follow instructions in Downgrading the Xperia 2011 phones to Ginger Bread in 5 simple steps. from step 1 to step 5, EXCEPT holding on the [volume down] key while connecting the phone to the computer. Flashtool askes me to hold down the [return] key, which does not "really" exist on Xperia Active.
  3. After installation, upgrade the firmware again from Sony through "About", then "Update." on the phone. This brings you to the newer version of Ginger Bread, NOT ICS.

Related Article:

Flag Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts (All Time)/滿堂紅

Popular Posts (7 Days)/七日紅