Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2012

升級 Sony Xperia Active ICS Upgrade

升級 Sony Xperia Active ICS Upgrade

Sony Xperia Active Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade is already available. However, going "Set Up" + "About" + "Software Update" wireless would not cut it. You need to hook up your phone to your Mac or Windows computer by a real wire, and start from here: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-active/

I am not impressed by Sony's tech support. They told me the upgrade would work wireless, and I needed to wait for my turn. All that was required of me was patience. I even double checked and asked if connecting with a wire would work.

In addition, if you visit their site, your options are [Download for PC] or [Download for Mac], as if they have never heard of any OS other than Windows. To win back my respect with such statement, their [Download for PC] had better work on all OS running on PC, such as Linux.

The system becomes slimmer after the upgrade. I do not plug my hair deciding which app to delete to free up memory any more. A friend reports the network becomes stabler, yet he also complains the disappearance of some of his favourite widgets.

In addition, now my Lexking Bluetooth Keyboard can work with this phone.

Sony Xperia Active Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich 已經可以升級了,但是必須用USB線連到電腦。無線連線時,經【設定】、【關於手機】、【軟體更新】是不能升級的。用USB線與電腦連線後,訪問這個網站:http://www.sonymobile.com/global-zh/software/phones/xperia-active/ 下載軟體,遵照指示,就可以了。

之前打電話給索尼客服,他們居然告訴我說可以用無線升級,只要靜待通知就行了。零北還問連上電腦是否可以提早升級呢。

而且他們網站下載的選項就只有【PC 下載】跟【Mac 的下載】,好像他們沒聽過PC上還有其他作業系統似的。口氣要那麼大,起碼也得支持Linux吧?

升級後,系統瘦身。零北不用再努力刪不能移到SD卡的程式了。但有朋友抱怨幾個他愛用的Widget不見去,同時他也肯定無線網路更穩定了。

此外,零北之前買的Lexking藍牙鍵盤也能搭配使用了。

延伸閱讀:

free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts (All Time)/滿堂紅

Popular Posts (7 Days)/七日紅