Pages

Friday 17 September 2010

From Moon to Sun/從月到日

From Moon to Sun/從月到日

Wikipedia:

Mooning is the act of displaying one's bare buttocks by removing clothing, e.g., by lowering the backside of one's trousers and underpants, usually bending over, whether also exposing the genitals or not. Mooning is used mostly in the English-speaking world to express protest, scorn, disrespect, or provocation but can also simply be done for shock value or fun.


I am visiting friends in Toronto, staying at a friend's place. While showing me around the place, when it comes to the big window, she jokingly asked me not to moon her neighbours. So I asked her if it were ok to "sun" them. This conversation reminded me of two songs: Sun and Moon, and Moon River.

After visiting Saigon, I feel a bit more personal on the song Sun and Moon from Miss Saigon.


[KIM]
You are sunlight and I moon
Joined by the gods of fortune
Midnight and high noon
Sharing the sky
We have been blessed, you and I

[CHRIS]
You are here like a mystery
I'm from a world that's so different
From all that you are
How in the light of one night
Did we come so far?

[KIM]
Outside day starts to dawn

[CHRIS]
Your moon still floats on high

[KIM]
The birds awake

[CHRIS]
The stars shine too

[KIM]
My hands still shake

[CHRIS]
I reach for you

[BOTH]
And we meet in the sky!

[KIM]
You are sunlight and I moon
Joined here
Bright'ning the sky
With the flame
Of love

[BOTH]
Made of
Sunlight
Moonlight

在多倫多訪友、作客。友人介紹她家的設施,來到落地窗前,她跟我開玩笑說叫我不要“”(亮屁屁)她的鄰居們。我反問:那是不是要“日”他們?在英文裡,“日”沒中文的那種意思。這麼回答,其實完全沒意義、無厘頭,但暗示了要秀“月”的反面。這對話讓我想起兩首歌:西貢小姐裡的“日與月”及“月河”。

真到過西貢後,聽“日與月”,別有一番滋味在心頭

Related Article/延伸閱讀:

free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts (All Time)/滿堂紅

Popular Posts (7 Days)/七日紅