Pages

Monday 12 April 2010

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic microSD Losing Data

Problem:
My Nokia 5800 XpressMusic has been losing data on its microSD card.

Symptom:
I noticed when I tried to run rsync from a Linux machine, it reports i/o error, and the file system becomes read only.

Solution:
  1. Back up all data on the microSD card except directories containing problematic files producing i/o error.
  2. Reformat the microSD card by using the file manager on the phone.
    After formatting, as I tried to rename the microSD card, I noticed I could only use a name with at most five (5) characters. Before, my microSD card was formatted and named by a Linux machine with a name longer than 5 characters.
  3. Restore all files back to the microSD card.

Verification:
N/A. Still testing.

free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts (All Time)/滿堂紅

Popular Posts (7 Days)/七日紅