Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2010

House of Flying Daggers

House of Flying Daggers

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385004/
Rating: ****

Although I am disgusted by Hero, I love House of Flying Dagger. If I am not mistaken, the plot of that movie uses an ancient Chinese technique of poetry that repeats similar verses with slight variations. Love the ending, too. It is loaded with questions and answers. The action sequences are beautiful enough to mute the cry of the physics geek within me.

Its Chinese title means "ambush in all directions," which coincides with the title of a piece of classical Chinese music. I am very pleasantly surprised that they did not incorporate it into the movie. If they had done that, it would have been too cheesy to my taste.

十面埋伏(琵琶):


free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts (All Time)/滿堂紅

Popular Posts (7 Days)/七日紅