Pages

Tuesday 12 May 2009

中華人民共和國在臺灣/People's Republic of China in Taiwan


Kaohsiung, Taiwan, May 12, 2009

This bag is a result of fusion from Taiwan, Japan, and China. Traditional and Simplified Chinese characters co-exist on it. The main style is Chinese. The name of the shopping plaza is Japanese, and the address is in Taiwan.

臺、日、中混搭。


檢視較大的地圖




Kaohsiung, Taiwan, May 12, 2009

在中國,「山寨」二字略具貶抑味。賣山寨機的店可不會具文自稱山寨。

Cell phones of Chinese local brands are called Shanzhai, which means bandit base. Because some of them imitates name brands. They are power packed, but the quality can be doubtful. Some explodes, some with ultra strong radio radiation for better reception. In China, Shanzhai is a word of pride. Stores in China are not likely to write the word "shanzhai" on posters.




看到這家店,我好奇地拿手機拍下這張照片;看到我拍照,老闆好奇地親自跑出來「關切」。問我為啥拍他的店。我老實跟他說:我覺得他的店很有創意,很好玩。要拍下來放到我的部落格上。大概我看起來還不算太匪類,老闆就放了我一馬。

I took this picture out of curiosity. So did the owner as he saw me taking this picture. He came to me and asked me why I was taking a picture of his store. I told him I consider his store interesting and creative. Perhaps my appearance was considered bearable, he let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts (All Time)/滿堂紅

Popular Posts (7 Days)/七日紅